Thursday, October 4, 2012

School bus mornings

Our lives have changed now that we have a 1st grader who rides the bus to and from school each day.  It's a little sad that Tommy will never be at home full-time anymore, yet I am so excited for him! He loves school so much.  Anyway, we have entered the world of rushing through breakfast before the bus comes!  I only took a bus one year in all my schooling, so I was used to my dad rushing me along so he could take me.  This bus thing is new!  It's quite the scene in the mornings at our house.  Tommy wakes up early enough, but he is SO slow eating breakfast.  The twins, on the other hand, race through it so they can go out and watch for the bus.  Josh is great about waiting outside with Tommy, but now his little brothers join in the fun!   I really think Sam and Nate are excited for the day when they can take the bus, too.


Ethan is hit or miss.  Some days he wants to go out and other days not.  I had to take pictures the other morning b/c it was so funny watching all of them watch for the bus in anticipation!  The little guys in their pajamas was just priceless!  Thankfully, it's still warm enough, but soon they may actually have to get dressed first!

Our routine has changed, but I actually think it has been good for me.  Now that we have some deadlines, I get up earlier. I start by doing my devotions and praying with Josh, then make Tommy's lunch as Josh makes the oatmeal and of course do the "bus routine".  I clean up after he goes and Josh has been getting to work early most days.  It only took 5 years to do that!!  Josh's boss had been so good about letting him come in a little late when the twins were babies and I needed help.  Then he was sick for a long time.  So, he likes that he can leave on time or even earlier now.  I am one who thrives on routine, schedule, and order, but sometimes I have a hard time implementing that.  Since we are forced to do so now, it is working out well!  I am not sure I could motivate myself enough to homeschool- so we aren't doing that.

I had to add in this very funny, black-mail worthy picture of Ethan!  This kid cracks me up!


2 comments:

  1. I think that picture will get a lot of mileage in about 16 years.

    ReplyDelete